Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The diets I've tried

A huge issue we all face as stay at home moms is staying at a healthy weight. Some of us moms have it down. We are able to stay active enough and keep our calorie intake in check. Some of us have a harder time with it. We tend to gain a huge amount during our pregnancies and for some reason it is very hard to take off. With my first baby I didn't even have to try. I nursed and the pounds just melted away before I knew it. I thought the same thing would happen with my second baby....and it didn't. I lost hardley any weight. After my third, I worked really really hard and most of it came off but I gained it all back and then some by my fourth. With four kids you would think i wouldn't have a problem. So here i am almost two years later after my last baby and about thirty pounds overweight. We don't always realize it either. I was at a family dinner where pictures were taken. At the time I thought I looked pretty good but when the pictures came back, I realized I had the stereotypical "fat arms". I was pretty shocked. It is a struggle. I'll tell you though, when I lost all the weight after my third baby, I felt great. I felt strong, powerful, sexy, confident. It felt soooo good to put clothes on that were baggy instead of tight! I dread walking into my closet right now. I hate buying clothes because I can't buy the ones I really want to get. I want to feel strong again. Mabey talking about it on the blog will help me be accountable to myself. I'll keep ya'll updated with how i'm doing. So, Neenie and I have decided to lose ten pounds over the next two weeks. Since I have had my fourth child, I really haven't lost the weight and gotten back down to where I should be. I really need to lose about 30 pounds probably even 40 if I want a really rockin bod. So we thought it would be a good jump start to lose ten pounds in two weeks. I'm going to go with the Abs diet as my diet of choice this time around. Funny how I always said i wouldn't be "that girl" who struggles with my weight but here I am!
-Dani

No comments: