Friday, June 6, 2008

wait a minute

I called Neenie today.... Duh. Anyway, when she answered she was laying on her bed with kids crawling all over her. Our Conversation sounded something like this:
N -"I'm about ready to lose it."
D - "When is hubby coming home?"
N- "I think he is pulling up now."
D - "You know what you should do, tell hubby that you need a half hour of time to yourself. Just a half hour laying in your room with no kids will make a ton of difference. I promise"
N - Yes, but I can still hear the kids, it won't be relaxing to me."
D - "Dude, put your headphones on, listen to music and stay in your room for a half hour, minimum."

Did any of us think we would have crazy conversations like that? Has anyone ever had to actually lock themselves in their room and put headphones on just to refuel and get some peace and quiet? I have, and its the cheapest and easiest form of refueling the old tank. Be sure you have a lock on the door. - hmmm, I could seriously expand on the benefits of a lock on my bedroom door.....I'll save that thought for another post.
- Dani

No comments: